PCOS, also known as Polycystic Ovary Syndrome, affects women 1 in 10 women is affected according to the office on women’s health. Polycystic ovary syndrome is one of the leading factors behind infertility in women but it is important to recognize that PCOS impacts the health of women at every stage of their lives.
Can a Chiropractor help with PCOS?
While many know that seeing a chiropractor is one of the top forms of alternative medicine for back pain, few PCOS patients are aware that it has the potential to assist with PCOS. Chiropractors specialize in bringing balance to the body. Restoring balance through Chiropractic care can alleviate some PCOS symptoms.
- PCOS may cause headaches, fatigue, and irritability. A Chiropractor can use massages, x-rays and other tests to understand the root cause of discomfort and form a treatment plan.
- Those with PCOS are more likely to suffer from sleep apnea, which causes chronic fatigue. Chiropractors are trained to help sleep apnea and chronic fatigue, which lessens PCOS symptoms.
- One study showed that with consistent chiropractic care, regular menstrual periods can return.
- The spine being out of alignment can be the cause of much dysfunction and pain throughout the body. A chiropractor can help manage pain so you are able to begin a workout program safely.
Can a Chiropractor help with infertility?
Chiropractors, like myself and my colleagues at Better Health Chiropractic in Wasilla, are trained to treat women throughout their fertility journey, pregnancy, and early motherhood.
Case studies published in the Journal of Vertebral Subluxation Research have documented how chiropractic care has helped women experiencing infertility as a result of a variety of factors like amenorrhea and insulin resistance. A balanced body enables an enhanced level of operation within the body. Thus, realigning the structure of the body is thought to aid in optimizing fertility.
Massage therapy benefits for infertility
According to Nicole Culter, L.Ac., MTCM massage therapy can have a positive effect on women who are experiencing infertility. In particular fibroids, and blocked fallopian tubes can be improved through massage.
- Fibroids: An increase in circulation throughout the ovaries can assist a woman when it comes to pain associated with fibroids. Fibroids produce clumps of tissue that then line up on the uterus causing in most cases extreme pain. With massage therapy those clumps are said to become smaller, therefore, making the impact less.
- Blocked fallopian tubes: 40% of women who battle with infertility have fallopian tubes that are blocked. Massage therapy has an effect on the tubes by clearing the blocks and enabling the flow to be properly enhanced.
Chiropractic care and adjustments can assist in your journey dealing with PCOS. Be sure to incorporate strength training and exercise in your daily life helping to lose weight, shifting your metabolism and better helping to balance out those hormones as well.