Easy Chicken Curry Recipe for a PCOS Diet
- 450 grams precut skinless chicken
- 1 1/2 cup beaten yogurt
- 1 cup Sliced Onions
- 1/2 tsp Cumin seeds
- 2 small cinnamon sticks (1/2 inch each)
- 2 tbsp curry powder
- 1 tbsp ginger-garlic paste
- 1 tbsp green chutney (Mint leaves, fresh cilantro leaves, green chill)
- 1/4 cup Desi cow ghee
- Salt- according to taste
- Add all ingredients except the yogurt and ghee to a large pot.
- Beat yogurt then pour it into the pot.
- Mix the chicken spices and yogurt so the chicken is evenly coated.
- Cover with a lid and marinate for 20 minutes.
- After 20 minutes stir in the Ghee
- Place a paper towel on top of the pot and put the lid Cover the paper towel. The paper towel will help the chicken steam cook (see the image below.)
- Turn your burner on medium, place a skillet over the burner and the pot on top of the skillet (see the image below.) Cook on medium for 15 minutes.
- Reduce the heat to low and cook for an additional 25 minutes, for a total cook time of 40 minutes.
This easy chicken curry will provide you with the protein and healthy fats that every PCOS-friendly meal should include. Serve this curry with veggies and rice or roti to complete the meal. Manasi recommends eating the curry with carrot salad and jowar roti (sorghum flatbread).
Sign up for the PCOS Plate meal guide to learn more about the simple system Manasi and other Revolution members pull together PCOS friendly meals.